Friday, March 2, 2012

You Got It Going On....wha wha!!

WHAT HAPPENED???

Kim, baby....where'd you go?  Who did this to you?

Back in 1990whatever....when she first hit the scene, I was like...."Yeah! That's what's up"!  Little Kim was like....my hero.  Feisty, hardcore, sassy, sexy and SHORT!  I was freshly out of high school and not that I was lacking any self confidence but....yeah....I got teased a lot about being short and people would underestimate my "bite", if you will.  So when Kim came on the scene, as hard as she was....holding her own,  folks weren't so quick to size me up. (((insert palm punch)))

WHAT HAPPENED???  Why is she nipped, tucked and beat the fuck up?  She took herself out of the game.  I was so disturbed by that whole Nikki Minaj beefing segment recently.  I felt like it was beneath the caliber of who Lil Kim was....what she used to be.  Frankly, I don't know how there was ever any comparison between the two because they are CLEARLY two different artist...it was like comparing apples to oranges. You either like one or the other, maybe even prefer one more but neither one is "wrong". 

But when I see Kim looking like Putty Patty Pancake face, it makes me feel like....maybe she thinks she's losing or she has something to prove. Nah, Mama.....
This is when you PROVED it!
NOT!

I understand wanting to correct an imperfection or two....but when you no longer resemble yourself....suntin' suntin' juss not riiiiiiggghhht!  I've had cosmetic surgery and it was probably the most excruciating pain I have EVER experienced in my life so that alone makes me amazed that people like Kim, Michael Jackson, Vivica A. Fox and many other celebs continue to hack away at themselves. Do we really hate ourselves that much??

I believe that cosmetic surgery can become addictive.  You get one thing done then you get another thing done and every time you go in, you see something else that could stand to be pulled and tugged.  It'll just keep going and going until you look like this:

I won't even front...I've thought about getting a breast lift, Brazilian butt lift and getting lipo on my inner thighs. I've had the consultations and everything.  But at the end of the day and everyday, I get older and everything is getting older too and gonna fall, eventually.  I don't intend on chasing after it with a knife every other year.  

And where do they get the "look" that they're going for?  hahahaha I mean, I know looking at these faces I wouldn't just.....like......pick one of these.  hahahahahaha....
"Yes, doctor....give me the smallest, pointiest chin you have and slip hard boiled eggs under my eyes for cheekbones.....ahhhhh....Alien.....Perfect!  Ohhh....yuck, take this nose! I don't need that thing!"
We've got to learn to love who we are and if it's not what we want it to be....at least embrace it enough to appreciate it.  I'd be a hypocrite to say, "don't get cosmetic surgery" but we gotta learn when to stop.

This was hot:

This is not!!

What did Biggie Say??
"Tryin' get that old thing back...."

too late....
and you can quote me if you like!



1 comment: